Why is HomeGuard® installed?
The HomeGuard® Precision Termite Management System is a component of your properties termite management system; regular inspections (intervals not exceeding 12 months) form the other key component. HomeGuard® Precision Termite Management System is installed during the construction phase of your property and is designed to deter concealed access; therefore, it is important that you do not damage, build over or cover the areas where the HomeGuard® has been installed.
How long will HomeGuard® last?
The HomeGuard® range of products are manufactured in Australia from high quality polymers that are designed to handle the rigours of construction and provide effective protection from the Subterranean termite infestation for the design life of the building or 50 years, whichever is first.
The HomeGuard® Precision Termite Management System Warranty
The HomeGuard® Warranty is a 50 Year Warranty; during the warranty period the Property Owners must, at their own expense, arrange for thorough and regular inspection(s) of the property for the presence of termites at intervals recommended by their FMC Accredited Company, but not exceeding 12 months; ensure the inspection is being carried out according to the Australian Standard AS3660 series or AS4349, a “termite check” is not a timber pest inspection.
What do I need to be aware of?
Here’s a list of some of the areas to consider in relation to your HomeGuard® Precision Termite Management System and the Warranty.
- New Building work requires a 75 mm inspection zone below where the HomeGuard® Precision Termite Management System has been installed; if there is a need for a step-less entry or ramps to doors for access speak to your builder and HomeGuard® Precision Termite Management System Installer to ensure this scenario is addressed during the design or construction phase; the inspection zone of 75mm is to be maintained in all areas i.e. turfed areas, landscaped areas, rubble/aggregate paths, unit pavers etc.
- Ensure any additional work does not compromise the HomeGuard® Precision Termite Management System and the 75 mm inspection zone, i.e. extensions, pergolas/outdoor rooms, decks, stairs, nib walls, plumbing alterations etc..
- Ensure Air Conditioner Outdoor Units, Solar Infrastructure or Hot Water Services do not compromise the HomeGuard® Precision Termite Management System or the inspection zone.
- You must notify your HomeGuard® Installer in writing if you believe you have disturbed your HomeGuard® Precision Termite Management System.
- If in doubt call your HomeGuard® Installer for further advice on any works that may compromise the HomeGuard® Precision Termite Management System and the Warranty.
Developed, tested and manufactured in Australia for Australian conditions.
Find out more at www.FMCaustralasia.com.au or email HomeGuard@fmc.com
Bio Pest Control
Bio Pest Control Australia is a South Australian owned and operated Pest Control Business.